Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Long Way Home- TLC Book Tour Review

Cover image courtesy of TLC Book Tours

What The Long Way Home is about: (in my own sorry words!)
Ellie loses everything due to her father's ponzi scheme and finds that all she has left to her name is a house in St. Dennis that her mother left her in her will. The only catch is that she has to live in the home for six months before she can sell it. Thinking that she would flip the house quickly, Ellie isn't prepared for the attention and love that comes her way in the form of hunky contractor Cameron, and also the acceptance from the townspeople of St. Dennis. What will she decide to do when her six months is up?
click here for the synopsis from TLC

Reading Stewart's book felt like being home with close friends and family. I loved the characters and how real they all became in my mind. One of the biggest things I noted was the author didn't create unnecessary conflict and really allowed the two main characters to fall in love with each other. This was so refreshing for me and left me wanting to know more about St. Dennis and those that call it home.

Recommend? If you love books that center around a town with believable and flawed characters then I truly feel you would love this book and Mariah Stewart's series, The Chesapeake Diaries. I know I will be back for more!!

Source: TLC Book Tours, Ballatine, and NetGalley



Disclaimer: Thank you to TLC Book Tours for sending me a review copy. I was not compensated for my review. My thoughts on this book were in no way influenced by the author or publicist.They are my personal reflections based solely on MY experience while reading this novel.



Six Sentence Bookish Thoughts #81
© 2013, Staci of Life in the Thumb. All Rights Reserved. If you reading this on a site other than, Life in the Thumb or Staci's feed, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.

21 comments:

  1. I like towns, real, sweet, and sad, well all that jazz :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely like the bit about the believable and flawed! makes it really real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I read the first in the series. I wonder if loss of everything due to ponzi schemes were a popular trope before Bernie Madoff. Seems to be the theme of many books in the past few years. Regardless, I'm glad you can recommend this addition to the series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have never tried this author. Sounds like she may be worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does sound good! I could use a hunky contractor in my life too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. The premise sounds a little like House on Tradd Street.. minus the supernatural stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I would really enjoy this book. I love stories centered around houses and community. Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not read this author but do like the premise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I finally picked up the first in the series. Now to find the time to read it...

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cover alone on this book makes me want to read it but the story sounds really good too. I love books like this once in a while. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm pretty sure I'd enjoy this, allowing characters to just develop is a winning point!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been way behind in keeping up with the blogs I follow but am hoping now to keep up to date.

    This review of yours caught my eye and sounds like something I'd really like to read....will add it to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like books like that, I'll have to look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was interested to see your perspective of a book this far along in the series. I have read all of them. While I liked this one, I don't think it is the strongest book in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! I loved this one too and for many of the same reasons :) I can't wait to read more in this series...and I'm SUPER excited because I have the other books on my shelves. :) Great review Staci!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This one doesn't call out to me, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd be willing to give this series a try. I don't think I've ever heard of the author before.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!