Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Mailbox Monday and It's Monday...What Are You Reading?




Mailbox Monday 
is a gathering place for readers to share the books that
came into their house last week and explore great book blogs. 
Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

Covers courtesy of Goodreads
Well, can I just say that I'm blaming all of these new books on Mary, Ti, and JoAnn? Let me explain why. Early Sunday morning I turn on my iPad just to do some browsing and came across Mary's Sunday post and I notice the Ciji Ware title right away. So, of course I have to then go to Amazon to see what the price is for my Kindle.  $4.99!!! I bought it immediately. Then I also remembered Ti posting about The Painted Girls being today's special value...which led me to buying that one for $2.99. And while I was browsing through the titles I couldn't resist The Bucolic Plauge because of JoAnn's love for this book and actually getting to meet the authors earlier this year!! I lost control...but all three of these titles cost me $10.00.....how can you resist that??
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hosted by
We discuss the books that we've read 
and what we're planning to read for the week.


Read and talked about last week:
The Long Way Home (TLC Tour Book) - loved this sweet book!
Joy for Beginners- fantastic narrator and a solid read.

Bookish Thoughts this week:
Lost Dogs and Lonely Hearts
Divergent

February Book Box:








Finished: Almost Home, India Black, Divergent...hopefully I will till get to Every Day before the month ends!

16 comments:

  1. Those deals can be hard to resist! I'm looking forward to reading the Ciji Ware. I hope you enjoy all of your new books, Staci. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now I blame you...(Just bought Bucolic Plague - $1.99 - hey can't even get a coffee at Starbucks for that)

    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy Painted Girls. I've had my eye on that book...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Bucolic Plague caught my eye in your list, and I recognize the authors as the guys who won last season's Amazing Race! Sounds like a fun book--I like fish out of water stories, as well as farming and urban/rural stories. Sounds perfect!

    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved The Bucolic Plague too! How did you meet the authors??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really must read more by Ware. I have only read the one

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to be an enabler... well, not really ;-)

    Beware of The Bucolic Plague. You may want to buy a few goats and plant a bigger garden - don't say I didn't warn you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely going to get the Ciji Ware book! Got my eye on The Painted Girls, off to check and see if its still a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been noticing Ciji Ware's book EVERYWHERE! I have Cottage by the Sea but have yet to read it. Enjoy your mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVED Painted Girls. I cannot recommend it enough. It's the only fiction book I gave five stars to this year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recently read The Painted Girls and fell in love with it :) I hope you do too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolute bargains, I'm tearing off to get the new Ciji Ware book and that's your fault lol. Looking forward to bookish thoughts this week. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've got some great titles there, Staci! I would really like to read The Painted Girls one of these days. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. the bucolic plague looks pretty interesting

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those deals will get you every time. Lol. It looks like you have some good reading ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!