Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Immortal in Death (audio)- Six Sentence Bookish Thoughts #59



What Immortal in Death is about:
She was one of the most sought after women in the world. A top model who would stop at nothing to get what she wanted - even another woman's man. And now she was dead, the victim of a brutal murder. Police lieutenant Eve Dallas put her professional life on the line to take the case when suspicion fell on her best friend, the other woman in the fatal love triangle. Beneath the facade of glamour, Eve found that the world of high fashion thrived on an all-consuming obsession for youth and fame. One that led from the runway to the dark underworld of New York City where drugs could be found to fulfill any desire - for a price

I love it when a fellow book lover and blogger recommends an audio book and it blows me away! Thanks to Nise (Under the Boardwalk), I decided to listen to J.D. Robb's In Death series on audio and I absolutely loved this production. She told me that the narrator delivered the goods with the voices and she was right. I loved Eve and Mavis' voices. Susan Ericksen, the narrator changed them up beautifully and in my opinion captured their personalities. This was a fantastic way to drive to and from work each day. I loved it so much that I bought the next book in the series and have already downloaded it to my iPod!!!

Recommend? With no qualms. This audio production was fantastic and Eve's backstory is starting to be fleshed out!

Source: Purchased from Audible.com
Narrator: Susan Ericksen
Length of audio: 9 hours and 46 minutes

Blogger who recommended it:




Six Sentence Bookish Thoughts #59
© 2012, Staci of Life in the Thumb. All Rights Reserved. If you reading this on a site other than, Life in the Thumb or Staci's feed, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.



9 comments:

  1. Looks like those book blogger recommendations are really working out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A narrator can make all the difference. I haven't read JD Robb's books but I have read Nora Roberts. I'll put this one on the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am waiting for my copy of book 1 .D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I should try the audio version of this series. I never could get into the print version of the books. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't remember how far along I am in this series but Susan Erikson ROCKS!! She's the narrator of Kristin Hannah's Winter Garden. Might have to catch up on this series via audio I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you are enjoying this series. I am enjoying the series from the beginning again due to your enthusiasm!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too love it when a blogger rec really works out great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew you'd love this series. Keep enjoying!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!