Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

'The Judgment' ( Rose Trilogy #2) by Beverly Lewis



Synopsis from publisher:
Rose Kauffman is engaged to Silas Good, a well-liked Amish fellow, so why does she still pine for Nick Franco, the former foster son of the bishop? Especially now that Nick has left the Amish community under a cloud of suspicion after the death of the bishop's biological son? Will Rose marry Silas, even while struggling with romantic feelings for Nick? Meanwhile, Rose's older sister, Hen, has returned to live at her parents' farm with her young daughter. Hen and her modern husband, Brandon, are separated by mutual agreement, although he is threatening to sue for custody of their daughter if Hen does not return soon. Will the judge rule in Brandon's favor? Is there any way Hen can reestablish her place among the People without sacrificing her marriage?



My Thoughts: I love Beverly Lewis. She is the ultimate writer for Amish fiction. She always keeps me interested in the storyline and I can honestly feel the authenticity of her characters coming through the pages. I believe her writing and am always fully engaged with the plot. I'm so happy that book three will be out in the fall...the suspense is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recommend? Of course....Lewis is hands down the Queen of Amish Fiction. I love that she usually writes trilogies and her stories have never failed to capture my attention and imagination.

Rating: 8/10

Author: Beverly Lewis
Published: April 1, 2011
Publisher: Bethany House
Pages: 352
Genre: Gentle Reads/Amish Fiction
ISBN:  9780764206009
Source: Public Library
 
Disclaimer:Thank you to My Public Library for having a copy of this book ! I was not compensated for my review. My thoughts on this book were in no way influenced by the author or publicist.They are my personal reflections based solely on MY experience while reading this novel

© 2011, Staci of Life in the Thumb. All Rights Reserved. If you reading this on a site other than, Life in the Thumb or Staci's feed, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.

12 comments:

  1. I haven't read her series... they sound really good! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Amish have always been an interesting group and I can see where reading about their lives would make good story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to find a new great series and then have to WAIT for the next book! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter loves her books too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with rhapsody--the hardest thing about reading a series is the wait . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really curious and I really should true an Amish story one day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never read this author before. Sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'm so glad to hear this is a good one. I am way behind on the Rose Trilogy. On the other hand, maybe I should wait until I have all three in my hand. That way I won't have that tortuous wait you now have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't tried many Amish novels. This one has a good story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never tried her but I don't read a lot of Amish fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read any of these types of books, but someday maybe I will have time! That's the only thing about a series is having to wait for the next book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read any amish stories yet. Tempted by your review though.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!