Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays and It's Tuesday Where Are You?


TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
Please avoid spoilers!



When I was fourteen, I thought a lot about killing myself--it's a hobby today, but at age fourteen it was a vocation. On a September morning, just after school started, I'd gotten Diane's .44 Magnum and held it, babylike, in my lap for hours.
p.153 from Dark Places by Gillian Flynn

____________________________________________________________________




I am a survivor of a brutal murder that wiped out my mother, and two sisters. I helped put my brother Ben behind bars. The money that people sent to me because they felt bad has run out and I don't know what to do. So, I've decided to help out (for money of course) The Kill Club. And now I'm questioning if my brother was the killer after all?

~ Dark Places by Gillian Flynn

26 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Dark Places (great teaser). Here is mine from another (semi-creepy book):

    http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2009/06/tuesday-teasers_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwww....that's pretty deep! Sounds good! :):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty heavy! Dark Places for sure!
    Nice teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The title is fitting for this one..Dark Places, definitely sounds like a dark book! I'm needing light these days...enough dark in my personal life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a rather dark place, isn't it. Good choice!

    My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes, that sounds a bit grim! Hope you're enjoying the book. (It's definitely not one I'd read!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that's a dark place for sure! Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard a ton of good stuff about this book (and Sharp Things also), but I don't know if I have the stomach for it. Your tease definitely made me re-think my earlier dismissal of the book. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is some teaser! T think the book is aptly named, don't you? Hope you're enjoying what must be a tough read. (?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Dark Places sounds dark indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like the book lives up to it's title.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa! What a depressing situation. Not sure this is one I'd take on. But the teasers certainly were something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that sounds like an intense book to read. Hope you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that is dark. Intriguing though...

    ReplyDelete
  15. It does sound like a really dark book. I'm not sure I could read it, but I do really enjoy the way that's phrased: a hobby now, but once a vocation. What an interesting way of describing that preoccupation.

    Meanwhile, my own teaser is at Bookishgal.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's some teaser. REally makes me want to know what happens in this book.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great teaser! I look forward to your review soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm definitely intrigued. Can't wait for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow...that definitely sounds dark!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow. What a teaser! I had not heard of Dark Places. I wonder if it is too dark for me to read right now. I am trying to stay away from anything too dark while I am still dealing with my father's death. I think I could add it to read next year so I won't forget about it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!