Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Library Loot - May 20


Library Loot hosted by Eva and Alessandra
asks us to list what we brought home from
the library this week.


I've been good....very good!!!! But even though I haven't been adding a lot to the loot pile it doesn't seem as if I'm getting through them fast enough. These additions were two more holds that came in for me. I had to pick them up because I feel that it would've been rude not to!! Sounds like a good excuse doesn't it!!?


Death by Bikini by Linda Gerber
---finally I have someone to blame again for getting this book. The Story Siren's blog is a YA lover's heaven, plus I read her reviews on Goodreads. This one is all her fault!





A Guide to the Birds of East Africa by Nicholas Drayson
--I think I read about this book from a Barnes and Noble Fall Reading Recommendation flyer.
I love the cover and it does sound pretty good.






To Read List Total today 5/20/2009: 753
Last Week's To Read List total 513/2009: 744
Books Read in 2009 to date: 72
Number of Books Checked out from the library: 23 still holding on that number!!!

14 comments:

  1. Only two?? Such restraint ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, only two for me this week too :)
    And I who was supposed to be reading my own books lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of those look good - I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on a bit of a ban from the library right now as I want to dig a bit more into my stacks. I don't know how much longer I can hold out though :)

    A Guide to the Birds of East Africa is also on my list. I can't remember where I first heard about that but it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol-You have been good. I love that title-Death by Bikini.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only 2 for me too this week. I'm hoping to get some serious reading done during the long holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cover of Death By Bikini cracks me up every time I see it. Definitely made to catch your eye!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know! I have my arrivals down to a good level and I am reading less!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't keep up with my library pile but it doesn't seem to stop me :) These both sound interesting for different reasons and I'll be interested to hear your thoughts when you finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wanted to let you know that you won a copy of The Midwife. Send me your snail mail address and I'll get in it the mail asap. My email is lscher at neb dot rr dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I kept expecting to scroll and there's only TWO!?!?!? LOL LOL LOL!!! These look like great books! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not too bad on the loot. You'll get through them eventually :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Staci, that is so funny, "it would've been rude not to"! I had to laugh because I know what you mean..after all they go through all that trouble of holding the book and notifying you..who wants to say "sorry, not interested right now"! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the stats at the end! You are a terrific list maker, Staci!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!