Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Weekly Geeks- A Quote a Day #6

"She said it out loud, the words distributed into a room that was full of cold air and books. Books everywhere! Each wall was armed with overcrowded yet immaculate shelving. It was barely possible to see paintwork. There were all different styles and sizes of lettering on the spines of the black, the red, the gray, the every-colored books. It was one of the most beautiful things Liesel Meminger had ever seen.

With wonder, she smiled.

That such a room existed!"

Markus Zusak (The Book Thief)

6 comments:

  1. I love this book! Great quote and thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, fabulous. Sounds like my kind of room.

    I swear, one day when I'm rich and famous, I am going to have a house whose basement is wall-to-wall full of these. Just the thought of all the books you could fit in there gives me a little shiver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds ideal. I want to live in that room. I've had this book in my TBR stack for a while now, and I think it just got moved up to the top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful passage from a beautiful book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *sigh* I loveeeeeeeeee that quote! :):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!