Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Catching up with some stuff.....

Blog Awards

My fellow bloggers are some of the greatest people you could ever wish to meet. These past months they have been kind enough to honor my blog with several different blog awards and I've been a bad recipient by not posting them in a regular post. So I plan on rectifying the situation today. Some of these awards I've received twice so I would just like to say that any blog you see in my blogroll are all more than worthy of these awards, so I won't be nominating any blogs for those. But my newest award, The Sisterhood Award, I will be sending on to others!!


Kristi from Books and Needlepoint awarded my blog this:
Premio Dardos Award
`This award acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his or her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values every day.

*** Can I just say that Kristi is a fantastic book blogger and I really enjoy the diverse posts that she does! Thanks Kristi for passing this award on to me!





Bonnie from Redlady's Reading Room gave me this award:


Proximidade Award
--This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY-nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers!

Bonnie, I think you rock and your blog is fantastic!!


Lisa at Books and Cooks sent me this awa
rd:

Your Blog is Fabulous!
--
This award is given to either newbie blogs or blogs that are new to you.

Lisa, Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog and to come back every now and again, always leaving me great comments and for this award!! I'm glad that you found me!





Matt at A Guy's Moleskine Notebook gave me this award:

Blog Friends Award
-Matt's blog is one that I feel makes me grow as a reader. I'm always learning new things from his posts and I would love to be a student in his classroom!! Matt, thanks for your friendship!







and last but certainly not least I received this award from Bonnie at Redlady's Reading Room

Sisterhood Award
--Here are the rules to spread the sisterhood spirit:
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate up to 10 blogs which show great attitude and/or gratitude!
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Remember to link to the person from whom you received your award.

Before I list my nominees, I just want the blogger world to know that Bonnie is the truest example of Sisterhood Spirit. She was one of the first people to visit my blog and leave me a comment. She's never missed a post regardless of how trivial it may be, and she always corresponds with me when I send her an email. Her personality comes through in her posts and she's just a positive person!! Bonnie-a big huge Thank You!!


  • Nymeth at things mean a lot- Nymeth is a shining star and her blog is absolutely fascinating. I love to read her opinions on the books she's read and she has helped me to step outside of my "normal" reading habits and to expand!
  • Lenore at Presenting Lenore- her comfortable writing style is so welcoming to others and she's always quick to comment on my blog and to continue the conversations. I love her reviews and the questions she comes up with for her author Q&A's.
  • Brenda at It's a Beautiful Life- her blog is filled with gratitude and she has a wonderful, optimistic and loving attitude!!
  • Janel at Janel's Jumble- Janel and I tend to send short emails back and forth to each other about books, current posts, family's health...she's just a great person who always is there supporting her fellow bloggers!!
  • Dar at Peeking Between the Pages- Dar might not know it but all of her encouraging emails and comments has really given me the courage to continue to blog about the books I read and to just be myself when I post about my thoughts!! Thanks Dar!
  • Kaye at Pudgy Penguin Perusals- Kaye has been so generous to give me advice about posting book giveaways and some other cool ideas about my blog layout. Thanks Kaye for taking the time to help me...I appreciate your kindness.
Now, I know that I've left out so many great people out there and believe me I could go on and on, but I want to make sure that you check out my sidebar to the right because there are so many great book blogs out there and so many wonderful supportive people in the blogosphere!

All of these awards I would like to pass on to all my friends that stopped by today and in the past and left me comments, encouraged me, and have extended the hand of friendship. I thank you!!

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations - all well deserved!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Staci, you've made my day :D Thank you so much for your very kind words! I'm honoured to be included among such wonderful bloggers. And congratulations on getting the awards yourself. They are well-deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the awards! It's great when good things happen to nice people...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on all the blog awards, Staci! You definitely deserve them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the awards. I'm off to check out your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS on all of the awards!!!! Sooooooooooooooooooo deserved! :):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You deserve all of them my friend!!! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You deserve these awards Staci! You have such a positive spirit and are so encouraging to other bloggers, including me! Your words about me and my blog just touch my heart and truly made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Staci! I love visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! I've been browsing your site as I was planning to mention you in tomorrow's blog, and what do I find, but me noted in your recipient list of your new award!

    First of all, congrats to you on receiving it yourself!!!!

    And then, thank you for thinking of me, m'dear! You're special!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the awards Staci, you really do deserve them. Thanks so much for awarding me The Sisterhood Award-I'm honored that you'd give it to me. I truly have enjoyed getting to know you and hope we continue to be friends in the future. I agree with you on Bonnie-she's an awesome person!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to you and all that you nominated. I enjoy discovering new blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!