Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Library Loot- Playing for the first time


Library Loot hosted by Eva and Alessandra asks us to list what we brought home from the library this week.

I love my local library, without it I would be a lost soul. When we first moved up here from Indiana I was ordering a ton of my books from Amazon. That is until my husband told me that if he saw the UPS guy again with another Amazon box he was going to destroy the computer...so I got out the phone book and figured out where my library was...we've had a very torrid love affair these past 9 years.....

Here is what was waiting for me last Saturday:



Summerhill Secrets by Beverly Lewis

I found this in the YA section and because I've enjoyed all of Beverly's Amish based stories in the past I thought I would give this one a try. I will probably end up ordering this for the shelves at my middle school.







The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister

I HAD to get this book because so many of my book blogger friends have given it such glowing reviews. The cover alone makes me want to read it!




Jellicoe Road by Melina Marachetta

This book just received the Printz award so for that alone I feel the need to read it!! But I saw that Reviewer X's Blog was really happy that it won and I love her YA reviews so much that her approval really sealed the deal for me!



The Good Neighbors by Holly Black & Ted Naifeh

I've been wanting to add more graphic novels to my mix and this one seemed to fill that slot!










The Best American Short Stories 2008 edited by Salman Rushdie

I wasn't looking for this book, it reached off the shelves and tapped me on the shoulder. When I saw it was a collection of short stories I immediately knew that I needed to read it. I've just started reading short stories, I'm currently reading Interpreter of Maladies, and I've found that I really enjoy them.



This is my first time participating in Library Loot and I can already tell that it will be a dangerous thing for me to follow....my TBR list is currently sitting at 528...how many more will I add by visiting other blogger's Library Loot posts?

This could be fun!!

8 comments:

  1. I love my library too!! That graphic novel looks really cool; I've read two non-graphic novels of Holly Black's and enjoyed them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha... know what you mean! I can come home with a grand pile of books. Like you've noticed, they tap you on the shoulder and whisper, pick me, pick me!

    I'm personally working more on my own bookshelves this year. But if i find myself at the library, this Library Loot thing sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your story on how you became introduced to your library-that's so funny. You got some good books there---yaaaaaaaaah---got School of Essential Ingredients. I can't wait to see what you think. I really want to read some by Beverly Lewis. Her books sound so good that I'm not really sure why I've never gotten around to any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the Best American series. I have a collection of the Short Stories and Mystery Stories that goes back about ten years. Recently, I started adding the Best American Non-Required Reading, too. Love love LOVE these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've added Jellicoe Road by Melina Marachetta to my list, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read Jellicoe Road too. And The Good Neighbors. I've heard good things about it and about Holly Black in general. Happy reading, Staci!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'll have to be sure to let us all know what you think of 'The School...'. I've got it on my too read list.

    Simon likes your birds. He's counting them as we speak.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I liked my library. My town one is horrible unfortunately.

    OMG!! Staci..I love Beverly Lewis. I actually only read one series - Abram's Daughters...but I LOVED it. I live 2hrs from Lancaster County PA...I love going there.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!